A lot of people make the mistake of assuming that poor eyesight is simply something that comes with ageing or is something that will go away on its own eventually. They assume it’s a slight annoyance, an inconvenience and something they simply need to ‘put up with’ for the foreseeable future. However, this is not the case. There is a lot of help out there if you think you have poor eyesight and the sooner you seek help, the better.
Signs You Might Have Poor Vision
Many people suffer from poor eyesight and it can have a negative effect on your day to day life. Thankfully, more often than not, something can be done to help the problem. If you have noticed any of the below signs, it might be time to consult an expert about your poor vision.
- You might find that objects are somewhat fuzzy and don’t have a defined edge.
- Poor eyesight can cause objects to look as though they have a ‘halo’ around them in bright light settings.
- Headaches are a common sign of poor eyesight, caused by you straining and squinting your eyes in order to see clearly.
- Having poor eyesight causes you to have hazy vision, which is often worse in bright light conditions.
- You might experience a glare when looking at vehicle headlights or bright sunlight, which can be blinding and uncomfortable.
- You might experience blurred or double vision, which can come and go or be consistent.
- Having tired, strained or irritated eyes can be a sign of poor vision.
- Many people with poor eyesight notice their vision gets worse at night, such as when they are driving or seeing movement. Things such as seeing objects or reading street signs can be especially difficult.
- As your vision worsens, you might find that you need a brighter light for reading.
Book an Appointment if You Notice Your Vision Getting Worse
It’s important to book an eye appointment if you have noticed a change in your eyesight, regardless of how minor it is. Not only can poor eyesight cause headaches and eyestrain, but it can hinder your ability to drive and live your life safely. The sooner you book an eye appointment, the sooner steps can be taken to solve the problem.
We strive to provide thorough eye examinations using the latest technology and equipment, giving you full confidence in our recommendations. We also offer a range of eye examinations, ensuring we have a service for you.
If you have noticed your eyesight changing or your vision becoming worse, speak to one of our experts from The Reynolds and Slater Opticians team. We are highly experienced and always happy to help.